Bulls and Bears is now hiring for a Kitchen Manager and Line Cooks. Please fill out our Bulls and Bears Application and submit it to our restaurant at 38 South Potomac St. Hagerstown, MD 21740 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a motivated Kitchen Manager to come on board our well established local restaurant in Hagerstown, MD. This person will be responsible for the overall operations of the back of the house. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.Responsibilities
- Strong Customer Service skills to interact with customers. Being friendly and courteous is necessary.
- Kitchen managers have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Enforce and offer the best quality of products possible
- Must be a leader in the back of house
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Strong Management skills not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more
- Monitor compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Successfully promote and publicize the brand
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Kitchen managers can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet.
- Proven working experience as kitchen manager
- Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
- Extensive food and knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Culinary school diploma or BS degree in Business Administration
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Line/Prep Cook in our well established local restaurant in Hagerstown, MD. This person will be responsible for assisting the chef in preparing the food, maintaining a clean and safe cooking environment for all staff members and taking on culinary tasks as they arise.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications.
- Washes, peels, cuts and portions different ingredients.
- Prepares different types of food from the menu.
- Distributes the plates to be served to the waiting staff.
- Cleans/sanitizes the working surface and utensils.
- Professional skills:
- Knowledge of kitchen tools and utensils
- Ability to work following instructions
- Works well under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time